A globally respected specialist, Lightfoot Defence delivers design, manufacture, installation, repair and servicing of refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment.
An SME with over a century of development in these areas, along with a future-ready culture, certified quality management system and environmental agency approval, Lightfoot Defence is a stand-alone choice, trusted by militaries and highly respected commercial partners across the globe to deliver the highest quality, advanced and bespoke refrigeration solutions.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reports directly to the Aerospace Manager (AM), assist the AM in the efficient, safe and timely build of Aerospace equipment to build drawings and specifications. To supervise staff and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
Ensure all processes and quality standards are maintained and adhered too.
This is a proactive role where the post holder will be expected to monitor all aspects of their role and environment and suggest improvements where possible. This is a transitional role and part of Lightfoot succession planning, the incumbent will need to have the potential to step up to the Aerospace Managers role within 18 – 24 months.
- Assist AM with build programmes of Aerospace equipment
- Oversee quality inspection of incoming parts from goods inwards for builds to ensure correct quantity received, part number/description and correct quality standard
- Producing project technical documentation as required
- Sit in for Aerospace Manager at weekly Management meetings and provide updates on progress and issues on current build programmes
- Oversee quality Inspection and testing of outgoing equipment ensuring correct quality and delivery paperwork as well as correct packaging
- Raise Rejection/Returns notices as required to the Compliance Manager
- Suggest updates to Procedures, Processes and Forms
- Additional resource where required and as directed by the AM/General Manager
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment for the Building D1
- Formal engineering apprenticeship and engineering Degree or equivalent engineering experience
- Formal Management qualification (i.e. CMS/DMS) or equivalent management experience
- Good interpersonal communication and organisational skills
- Proven track record of the ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines
- At least 5 years Engineering Management experienced
- Experience in the delivery of technical build programmes
- The DAM is authorised and required to interact frequently and effectively with all company staff, customers, suppliers and with external agencies involved with all company business. This communication can be by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
37.5 hours per week
Office based role with the requirement to occasionally travel for client meetings
Company Pension Scheme
Ride To Work Scheme
How To Apply
Candidates who wish to apply for this position must forward a handwritten cover letter stating their current salary with their CV direct to email@example.com.